Social Media Intern- Volunteer
Guiding Eyes Outdoors (GEO) is a registered 501(c)3 organization that provides life-changing outdoor adventures to those in need throughout North Carolina. We proudly serve military veterans, first responders, the blind and visually impaired, and children that have lost parents during service to our country and their communities. Our goal is to provide a platform whereby individuals who would not otherwise have the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors can be paired with those willing to assist and teach them. We facilitate mentorships that are mutually beneficial to both parties. We are currently seeking a creative, talented, self starter to join our team and manage our Social Accounts as our Social Media Intern.
The successful applicant will administer our social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube). You will be responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts and responding to followers. The successful applicant will manage our company image in a cohesive way to achieve our marketing goals.
We expect the successful applicant to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends and should have excellent communication skills in order to be able to express our company’s views creatively.
Ultimately, this position should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with fundraising and exposure goals
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Collaborate with others to ensure brand consistency
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
Skills & Requirements
- Self Starter, Excellent multitasking and organizational ability
- Experienced in all aspects of social media
- Social media: The ability to use social media to maintain an grow the GEO brand. Applicants will be expected to regularly post text, video and images that engage the company’s target market, follow online conversations on a company’s social media accounts and solve customer concerns using social media platforms.
- Communication: Great verbal and written communication skills are essential for this position. Applicants must interact with writers, designers, developers and customers and report to senior management personnel. Applicants must identify social media events such as an interesting hashtag or a sensitive topic and share appropriate content that aligns with the company’s social media strategy.
- Creativity: Crafting engaging content is an important skill for this position. Applicants must constantly align content with customer trends and market changes to interest and engage people.
- Technology: Computer skills, skills in using social media platforms and skills in using tools that analyze social media platforms are requirements for this position. Applicants must use digital technologies to meet the goals of social media campaigns.
- Research: Skills in learning social media trends, identifying new social media tools and finding real-time online conversations are necessary for this position. Applicants must have an understanding of the trends and techniques of social media as well as the company’s online presence to effectively handle social media marketing.
- Time management: The skill of organizing tasks to meet deadlines is essential for this position. Applicants will work according to schedules and must meet marketing and business goals.
Education & Training
Applicants should be pursuing a degree in internet marketing, journalism or a related field. Work experience of one or two years in sales, advertising, customer service or public relations can demonstrate that a candidate has the practical training needed to meet the challenges of this position and the marketing industry.
Successful applicants are highly recommended and may be requested to attend all GEO events. These events may require overnight travel, time outdoors, primitive camping trips, filming and photographing trips, assisting trip participants as needed. Additional duties may be assigned as needed.